Rural System's

Political Action

We have an expert, learning staff and we typically know how to achieve an objective. We acknowledge the propriety of the landowner, especially after we have shared information about alternatives and their consequences with him or her, the decision maker. We seek infromation about objectives. We rarely ask for advice on methods, any more than a doctor asks for technical advice from a patient or his or her family. From them come information on objectives and family policy such as do-not-recussitate, etc.

We know that there are conflicts but we prefer to try alternative efforts at balance, rather than "reducing conflict." We do the following:

Rarely needed and a double-edged sword, political action may some time be appropriate for the enterprise:

Comments on bills and action :

You can call the Capitol Switchboard in Washington, D.C., at (202) 224-3121 (just say which senator's office you want to speak to, and the receptionist will connect you to the right place). At your senator's office, the staff member who answers the phone will relay your views to your senator. When you call, just give your name, and make sure to say you're a constituent. Then, tell him or her ...

See Policy Shaping.

Rural System
Robert H. Giles, Jr.
June 28, 2005