The Arts Group
There is artistic work throughout the region and throughout Rural System. This group is modestly confined to those artistic activities of painting and sketching of pictures, sculpting, and with making pottery. Photography, poetry, song writing, wood carving, garden objects , and cabinet making, landscaping and flower arranging are typically (but not exclusively) dealt with by other groups.
The group sponsors a membership organization with regular meetings with lectures, shows, news, techniques, art supplier advertisement
|This engravable item has been hand-crafted especially for Rural System by the Grayson Artisans.
Each item is paintakingly created to promise you heirloom quality and lasting beauty. It is protected by a coat of lacquer to be maintenance-free.
We hope that this product will bring joy to you and your associates for years to come and that cherished memories will hang on your mind with every glance.
- sells art supplies to its members for high value
- works with local suppliers of art products, printing services, and distributors. It works to match local artists with clients, and to market art objects, adding value to them.
- maintains a registry customers, named and numbered objects, etc.
- sponsors a local organization for artists
- art and nature prints for note cards,
- objects for tables,
- offers classes,
- special clays and colors, and
- local woods in some kilns.
- arranges for several galleries (specialty and general with sales, service, security)
- works with the ebay group or the Rural System e-catalog to market some items
- analyzes (with local software) the cost effectiveness of individuals and groups participating in craft "shows"
|The Artists' Grayson and Carroll Region
- sponsors seasonal sales events and shows.
- works with art departments of regional colleges and universities
- carefully taylors art objects to visitor's needs when traveling and visiting the region (engaged in ranging)
- features art related to the domestic and wild animals of the region (cattle, goats, quail, bear, bobcat, coyote, and hunting dogs)
- features on its web site different artists and their objects.
- arranges economical group rates and guides for art-related trips for local artists
- arranges schools for its local artists and creates a local school for other artists in specialty areas and for a summer youth and/or adult camp.
- It works toward a specialty set of art objects, a class that is distinctive and recognizable as regional.
- It works with others to offer advice on quality and price of objects to be sold to tousists to build and maintain the desired quality "persona" of the region (avoiding the tourist trap reputation).
Perhaps you will share ideas with me about some of the topic(s) above .
Robert H. Giles, Jr.
May 23, 2007