Sustained forests; sustained profits
Preliminary Job Description for Wildland Manager-I
General - Diverse supervision of activities, development, projects, construction, and monitoring. The manager is responsible for scheduling and executing projects in the plan and as instructed by the Project Director. The manager keeps records (with secretarial help) and is expected to work in a cooperative, constructive way to achieve long-term sustained profits from the wildlife and related resources of the area. Work is general-systems-oriented so that procedures and practices, where possible, may be readily used on other related areas of Lasting Forests.
Representative Actions direct or through employees):
Return to the top.
- Supervision of boundary marking (including GPS work and data processing)
- Road and trail mapping using GPS
- CAD/CAM and related data processing
- Building re-modeling and maintenance
- Road maintenance scheduling
- Sign construction and replacement
- Storm water management
- Erosion control project supervision
- Hunt area layout and marking
- Checking station layout
- Road and trail maintenance supervision
- Recruiting assistants and workers
- Seeking efficiencies
- Seeking safety and fire prevention procedures and structures
- Working on energy conservation procedures, structures, arrangements, etc. (Preparing for an energy-short future)
- Assisting in waste processing and movement
- Making contacts with the construction and architectural "world"
- Coordinating and cooperating with adjacent land owners
- Assisting in innovations in single tree and group selection tree removals and transportation
- Advising on assuring hunt quality
- Setting up construction and production streams (e.g., bird houses)
[ HOME | Lasting Forests (Introductions) | Units of Lasting Forests | Ranging | Guidance | Forests | Gamma Theory | Wildlife Law Enforcement Systems | Antler Points | Species-Specific Management (SSM) | Wilderness and Ancient Forests | Appendices | Ideas for Development | Disclaimer]
This Web site is maintained by R. H.
Last revision January 17, 2000.