Sustained forests; sustained profits
The Work Ethic
Lasting Forests promotes the Work Ethic which includes actions and attitudes that are:
- being efficient with energy and time
- having sufficient resources for a quality life
- minimizing waste
- maximizing embodied energy
- sharing expertise
- being gentle on the land, achieving and maintaining health, both physical and mental
- having concern for children becoming fully human; always learning
- being diversified, engaging in meaningful physical and mental work
- being supportive of and assisting others
- enhancing for tomorrow's citizens
- being clear about the difference between efficiency and effectiveness
Return to the top.
[ HOME | Lasting Forests (Introductions) | Units of Lasting Forests | Ranging | Guidance | Forests | Gamma Theory | Wildlife Law Enforcement Systems | Antler Points | Species-Specific Management (SSM) | Wilderness and Ancient Forests | Appendices | Ideas for Development | Disclaimer]
This Web site is maintained by R. H.
Last revision January 17, 2000.